Oh, this is such a good salad! This steak house style salad would make an excellent side to grilled steaks and twice-baked potatoes. Or, a great lunch salad--just toss your dressing at the last minute. We really enjoyed it with the lightened buttermilk dressing recipe from the previous post. Feel free to use beets or tomatoes interchangeably.
STEAK HOUSE SPINACH SALAD
Makes 2 entree sized salads or 4 smaller side salads
- 8 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup shredded carrot (1-2 carrots-depending on size of carrot)
- 1 cup (~8 oz) grape tomatoes, halved--or 1 cup diced regular tomatoes (~1 tomato) OR chopped beets (from a can is fine)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Dressing of your choice--we prefer the buttermilk ranch featured in previous post
Gently toss all your salad ingredients together with the dressing of your choice.
Alternate Dressing--whisk all ingredients together and pour over salad:
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup (or less) olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste