Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Product Review: Collopsable Colanders. Where have you been all my life?



I LOVE this collapsable colander by OXO Good Grips! I've had two of these types of colanders for a couple years. They were purchased for myself. By myself. For Christmas. Worth every bit of that $15 I paid ON CLEARANCE! I thought they were SO expensive at the time! But now, I haven't been able to find one under $19.99. They sell for $29.99 on Amazon. I loved it so much that I bought my mom one too. Keep in mind that you can always use your Bed, Bath, and Beyond 20% coupons that come in the mail for such purchases.
There are a few different brands of collapsable colanders, but I picked OXO because they were a little slimmer shape. The products that I have that are OXO brand are good design and very helpful. I also like this smaller sized colander.

Recently, I saw a 2-pack of colapsable colanders at Costco for $19.99 and thought they were a real steal (they were green and white). I'm all for items that take less storage space. Let me show you what I mean...below on the upper right are 'regular' colanders. Below on bottom left, is collapsable one. My smaller one is not pictured, but it fits right next to it. Makes a big difference. They are dishwasher safe or hand wash. These OXO colanders are heat resistant/safe, have great handles, wipe clean easily and stand up well in the sink. Also, food doesn't get stuck in the holes (hate that). Fantastic product.

So if you're short on space and make pasta, wash produce, rinse beans, often, consider some collapsable colanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment