Monday, May 10, 2010

Momma's Got A Brand New Toy! And It's No Lemon.


As much as I hate to add ONE MORE kitchen tool to my arsenal....I could not resist. If you are looking for a good and cheap juicer, this is it! If you were to ask what the most used ingredient in our house is, I'd have to say citrus: lemons & limes especially. Citrus juice adds terrific flavor to food (especially in salad dressing), has vitamin C, and is virtually calorie-free (and fat free).

Up until now, this was my favorite juicer (as introduced by my mother and as adored by my friend, Nancy, on her blog). But, lately, with carpal tunnel type pain acting up in my hands, I needed something that didn't require squeezing. All you do with this one is turn the dial on the right hand side downwards with slight pressure, and presto!: instant juice.

I have been unhappy with the Kitchenaid citrus attacher (don't get one unless you want citrus juice to run down your arms while you hold a lemon to get squeezed). So when I spotted this sunny, happy, yellow-fella, I had to bring it home (never mind the whole reason I was at the store was to find a bathing suit--ugh, but who wants to shop for that?!).

I'd always seen this kind of juicer in magazines and on cooking shows and I have got to tell you, folks, this one is worth the $12. I am so happy with it that I just had to post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment