Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon


My favorite thing to order at The Fresh Market deli is their bourbon marinated salmon. I cannot locate the recipe anywhere. But in my search, I came across this recipe that had 97 reviews and averaged averaged 5/5 stars. So, why not give it a shot? It was FANTASTIC! What impressed me the most is how fast this meal cooks! Once the fish is marinated, you could DEFINITELY get your salmon & sides out within 30 minutes. If you make couscous as a side, your meal will be ready in 20 minutes. And if you use one of these Uncle Ben's ready rice bags that take 2 minutes or under in the microwave, you could serve dinner within 15 minutes.

We served it with multigrain pilaf (2 minutes to cook-Trader Joe's brand), green beans, and chili-roasted cauliflower (but you could do jasmine or brown rice, and I think edamame would be wonderful alonside the fish). I think you will really love this. My husband said this fish goes in the all-time favorite fish recipes of all time file. Enjoy!

BOURBON-GLAZED SALMON
Adapted from Southern Living

Serves 4

1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I think I might try a little less sugar next time)
3-4 Tbsp. bourbon
1/8 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp.  freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
Cooking spray
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions

Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add salmon fillets. Seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag once. Remove fillets from bag; discard marinade.

Preheat broiler.

Place fillets on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 11 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Sprinkle each fillet with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1/2 tablespoon green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment