Sunday, February 6, 2011

Does This Sound Familiar? Yup.


-cartoon courtesy of www. xkc.com


I have a TON of failures in the kitchen. Do you? My honest friends say yes (and I love you for it). Heck, half of the ones I think are successes may be failures to some of you that try them.....But every time I'm ready to throw in the towel and live on take-out, I get the itch. To try again. And again. And again. It's my therapy. Sort of like how other women swear they would lose their mind by cooking, I swear it's relaxing for me. Not necessarily when the phone is ringing off the hook, the dog is barking at the horses, the mailman is at the door, and my toddler is pulling on my leg all while I'm trying to stir something like risotto...not then.

Working in the kitchen and cooking--there's the joy of creation--of working with your hands, of making food for people you love. Even after a string of failures...to get something right...it's like cotton candy for your soul.

The only thing that would make it all easier...a person to actually do the dishes. Any volunteers? I'll feed you.

A month into the new year--my new slogan in the kitchen: Occasional failure is ok. But, continue to do what makes you happy. Because life is short. 

Hope you're encouraged to keep trucking along--even if something doesn't go as it should. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment