Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dr. Oz's Green Drink--Maybe This IS Craziness....Stay With Me....


Every once in a while after bad behavior (i.e.-frying, excess cheese, lack of gym time)....I turn to this "detox" drink--Cort would probably ask if this was my penance....

I don't really believe in detoxification (sorry those of you that are "so sure"--I believe in moderation and all around day-to-day healthful living with occasional splurges (although I could do better with the healthful living part, but here's step #1....).

I know that everyone is shuddering as they read this and I am dangerously close to losing my credibility....

At first, I was sort of grossed out by the combination of ingredients, but I'm not sure you'd be able to pick out every single one and to me, it doesn't taste that bad....makes me feel a bit energized. Figured I wasn't the only one who veers off the healthy path so thought I'd share this recipe for those of you who are brave.


DR.OZ'S 'GREEN DRINK'

Makes 3-4 servings (feel free to scale it back)

Dr. Oz says he makes a breakfast drink for himself many mornings that he calls his green drink.

2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber
1 head of celery
1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
1 bunch parsley
2 apples
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Sometimes, I need to add a little ice or water to process the mixture smoothly.


This recipe makes 28 to 30 ounces—about three to four servings--if you can get someone else to drink it with you (ha! you should see my husband's face....). I really sort of enjoy it....call me weird.

Apparently, during the episode in which this drink was featured on the Oprah show, Oprah took a sip and was pleasantly surprised, "It's a glass of fresh," she said. I can hear you now..."fresh what?!"


A toast to your health!!! On our way to 5 a day! And on our way to more 'normal' recipes from now on....

No comments:

Post a Comment